DBT was created with the ambition to enable growth for small and medium sized companies and entrepreneurs. We are building the next generation financial partner for SMEs and our technical platform to serve them is best-in-class. We have a large customer base and continue to grow fast. Join our mission to offer SMEs the financing solutions they need and deserve!
What would you do?
We’re looking for a lead developer for our engineering team. This role is focused on backend, and you will work with and help coordinate the engineering work of a team of experienced developers. Assisting you and the developers are QA, UX, and PO personnel on this cross-functional team.
Our tech stack is 100% cloud, we run on AWS, and we automate our processes as much as possible including CI/CD, infrastructure-as-code, and tests. We use Java (and are looking towards Kotlin), Python, Node/Typescript and React/next.js/Typescript, and use S3 and SQL data stores. You will work in all these technologies, perhaps with a focus area depending on where your skills are deepest. A core value for us is professional growth – everybody is encouraged to continuously learn new tech!
The system we build is state of the art in our industry and our key success factors are excellent user experiences, data collection and analysis, BI rules engine, seamless SaaS integrations, and constantly investing in our devops automation and minimizing technical debt.
Who are we looking for?
You are a senior backend / fullstack developer well versed in modern technologies and ways of working. You enjoy coordinating engineering work across a team to achieve great solutions together, and to push the design and architecture of the whole system forward. You are a great problem solver who challenges yourself and wants to grow your skill set.
You have worked at startups/scaleups and are familiar with a fast-paced, cross-functional, and informal team environment. Our work culture is outcomes-focused, engaging, and curious, with a cool head and warm heart!
Required skills and experience:
- Experience leading software engineering work in a hands-on way
- Broad skills as a senior developer in modern backend / fullstack technologies
- Experience with Java/Kotlin and Typescript, and excellent skills in at least one of them
- Extensive experience with data models and databases
- Experience developing and deploying services for cloud (we use AWS)
- Bachelor or master's degree in computer science or other relevant discipline
- Fully fluent in English both verbally and in writing
Beneficial skills and experience:
- Familiarity with frontend development (we use React and next.js with Typescript)
- Scripting in Bash / Python
- Infrastructure-as-code (we use CloudFormation, Docker)
- Fintech or SaaS business experience
We believe in hands-on leadership, where leaders apply their craft while leading a team to achieve great things together. If you like to work with highly skilled colleagues, multiple modern technologies, and enjoy working close to the users and business experts that rely on what you help build, then this job could be a great fit for you!
Why should you join?
You will be joining a strong team with lots of experience and lots of smarts. We have backgrounds from both big and small companies in the financial and hi-tech sectors. In addition to exercising and growing a diverse technical skill set you will have a great amount of opportunity to work together with business domain experts and seeing the impact of your work first-hand.
We believe that having a great time along the journey is as important as reaching the goal. Great people thrive under individual empowerment and strong team support. Joining DBT we offer:
- An entrepreneurial and challenger culture and to be part of a committed team where hard work is mixed with laughter and respect.
- A highly collaborative atmosphere where we succeed together as a company.
- Attractive compensation package - competitive salary, warrants program (similar to options), generous pension and insurance package, and health care allowance.
- The opportunity to join a scale-up journey with proven traction and the vision of building the next generation SME-lender.
- Central office in Stockholm.